Thanks for visiting All Shepherd Rescue.com!
All Shepherd Rescue finds adoptable, lovable and in need Shepherds for your family. All of ASR’s dogs are in foster homes learning manners and what the good life means! ASR believes in connecting the right dog to the right family. We will do our best to find your next best friend.
With your help, All Shepherd Rescue is committed to saving dogs and connecting them with their family. Your next best friend may be right here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dog of the Month - SWEET TRINIDAD (RANGER)
Age: 3 Years 6 Months (best estimate)
Weight: 70 Pounds
Trinidad (now Ranger) has been a beloved family member since adopted in 2016 but is another sad product of a divorce.
The family tried, but no large breed friendly rentals were found within the children's school district and they tearfully asked us to find him a home.
We make a lifetime commitment to our dogs and Ranger is back with us.......
TRINIDAD (Ranger) has been a well cared for and well loved family member.......he is great with children and great with people. He is house and crate trained. He acts and looks like a typical happy lab mix.......we do know his mom was a GSD because she gave birth while with us, Bahama Mama !
He has his Mom's incredibly loving personality, too, even though he doesn't look like a GSD!
Trinidad (RANGER) is having a ball in his foster home in Federal Hill with his foster and two room mates! He LOVES to play but he has excellent house manners, settles quickly and is crate trained . Stay tuned for more pictures!
TRINIDAD (RANGER) is currently being fostered. If you would like to foster another dog and haven't applied to be a foster, please apply today! If you're already an approved foster, please email to inquire about fostering another dog.
If you would like to adopt TRINIDAD (RANGER), please apply today to become an adopter. If you are an approved adopter, contact us via email!
The following information is recommended by
The American Heartworm Society
Heartworm Prevention for Dogs
Heartworm prevention for dogs is an important concern for every pet owner. Prevention is an important part of providing essential care, and heartworm disease prevention for dogs is something every owner can do. Consider this:
- Dogs have been diagnosed with heartworm disease in every state in the US.
- Heartworms are spread by mosquitoes, so any area of the country that has mosquitoes—even just a few of them—can also have heartworm disease.
- Dogs don’t just need prevention during warm-weather months. Heartworm preventives work by treating heartworms that already infected the pet within the past month or longer; meanwhile, preventives need to be given on time, every time to be effective. That’s why the American Heartworm Society recommends year-round heartworm prevention for pets.
- The American Heartworm Society estimates that more than a million dogs in the U.S. have heartworm disease—and heartworm disease can be fatal.
- Cats and ferrets can also get heartworm disease.
- Heartworm preventives are safe, relatively inexpensive and easy to give, but if a dog becomes infected, heartworm treatment can be costly and difficult, requiring multiple veterinary visits and months of exercise restriction.
- While there are drug-free strategies owners can put in place to reduce a pet’s exposure to mosquitoes, there’s no such thing as a “natural” heartworm preventives.
- Heartworm preventives come in different forms, including monthly chewable pills and topical “spot on” medications, as well as an injectable medication that is given every 6 months. Heartworm preventives are available only by prescription from veterinarians.
Some preventives only prevent heartworms, some protect pets from heartworms and intestinal parasites, and some protect pets from many different parasites, including heartworms, intestinal worms, fleas, ticks, and mites. Because veterinarians know which parasites are common in the area in which they practice, owners should talk to their pet’s doctor about what product or products will be best for their pets.
Flyer from the VetNetwork LLC.
Many instances of owner surrender are due to financial hardship. There are many organizations that can help with owner retention. Most pet owners aren’t aware that they have options! ASR hopes this information borrowed from "The Pet Rescue Squad Inc." might be helpful to pet owners
See all our upcoming EVENTS HERE
All Shepherd Rescue finds adoptable, lovable and in need Shepherds for your family.
ASR is made up of volunteers; devoted and passionate people just like you, who have jobs, families, and of course, love dogs.
We believe in connecting the right dog to the right family. We will do our best to find your perfect match.
All of ASR’s dogs are in foster homes learning manners and what the good life means!
If you are not looking to adopt right now, but still want to help, All Shepherd Rescue needs you to join our team. Volunteers are needed to help with Applications, Adoptions, Intake, Events, Fostering, Fundraising, Marketing, Social Media, and Web Technology.
With your help, All Shepherd Rescue is totally committed to saving dogs and connecting them with their family. Your next best friend may be right here!
All Shepherd Rescue's mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and re-home German Shepherd dogs and related mixes.
ASR educates the public in the importance of having their animals receive routine veterinary care, training, and being spayed/neutered.
All donations to All Shepherd Rescue are tax-deductible. All Shepherd Rescue is recognized by the IRS and State of Maryland as a non-profit [501(c)(3)] charity.
Your generous donations help us to help them!
All Shepherd Rescue
PO Box 23231
Baltimore, MD 21203
Phone: (410) 775-6GSD (6473)
Fax: (888) 775-2798
All Donations to All Shepherd Rescue are tax deductible.
Tell us about your best friend...