- Status: Adopted!
- Species: Dog
- General Color: Tan/Yellow/Fawn with Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Ear Type: Erect
- Current Size: 73 Pounds
- Current Age: 3 Years (best estimate)
- Reaction to New People: Friendly
Update from Marilyn's foster :
Beautiful Independent Blonde seeks family to pamper her.
Marilyn: She’s too smart for her own good so GSD experience handler preferred. she is ultra focused on the task at hand and very ball driven. She walks beautiful on a leash and looks to the handler for direction, never once pulled. Did I mention she is smart - I feel like she reads minds. She will talk to you with her eyes. Good luck trying to give her any meds - loves cheese but will spit out any hidden pill in it. Refused pill pockets all together. She is a high class broad - cheap treats - she will spit them out. Loves freeze dried liver treats and gourmet meals (chicken and rice).
- People: No preference with single or married couple does fine with patient male or females. Due to her ultra focus older kids that understand boundaries preferred. She is initially cautious to strangers and looks to her handler for direction. She seems to be sensitive to her hind end so personal space is important to her. She loves attention on her terms but doesn’t like to feel crowded. She is no couch potato and would fit well in a moderate to active household. I could see hikes in her future.
- Other Pets: She doesn’t mind cats but if they invade her space she will bark at them so she will need a handler who knows and understands transition. She does well with other dogs that are not dominating and respect social etiquette. An Alpha like minded dog will not mix well with her.
Our beautiful blonde lady, Ms. Marilyn, was found as a stray and no one came to collect her ........which is really odd as she appears to ve well cared for and we just learned today ( just prior to her spay) that had already been spayed !
What we know is she is sweet but a little shy, ignored the cats at the shelter and seems to be an all around nice young gal.
We want to give her time to settle in and will post updates asap.
If you are not yet approved to adopt from All Shepherd Rescue, please fill out our online application at www.allshepherdrescue.com. Our adoption fee is $300.00.